Temnothorax crassispinus - colony
Temnothorax crassispinus, called the "acorn ants" is one of our smallest species. Their nests are mostly in hollow acorns, where can be up to 200 workers with with the brood. Temnothorax is one of the undemanding ants suitable for beginners.
- Species suitable for beginners
- Hibernating for at least 3-4 months in the cold from 1-6 ° C
- They forms colonies of up to 200 workers
- Temnothorax bellow to subfamily Myrmicinae, it means they have a functional sting
- Portioned dead insects (mealworm, parts of crickets)
- Honeydew or sugar water